I received my formal education from Eastern Illinois University. When I graduated in 2007, I began my self-education by attending Automobile University.
Attending Automobile University has been one of the best choices of my life. Without my participation at this prestigious university, I wouldn’t be where I am today.
What is Automobile University?
To start attending Automobile University, all you have to do is begin listening to educational audio programs on your MP3 player.
The founder of Automobile University, personal development speaker Zig Zigler, coined the term because he saw an educational opportunity when he was driving from presentation to presentation. Instead of wasting his time by listening to talk radio, traffic reports, music etc… He saw this time as a chance to learn.
Unlike Zig, you don’t need to spend a lot of the time in the car to attend. You can also get your education when you’re working out, taking public transportation, cleaning your apartment, mowing the lawn and countless other tasks that you do every day.
Benefits of Automobile University
- Choose Your Teachers – You can choose from a number of professors. Professors of mine in the past have included Seth Godin, Malcolm Gladwell, and David Schwartz.
- Set The Pace – You decide the pace at which you learn. If you don’t feel you have completely grasped a subject, just listen to it again (I prefer to listen to the same audio programs multiple times, instead of listening too many just once).
- Free / Low Cost – There are plenty of places to get high quality, educational audio online for free. If you don’t mind paying for content, you can receive your education from some of the greatest minds around.
- No Phone Calls – Never receive a phone call asking for a donation.
How to Get an Educational Audio for Free
If you have an MP3 player, you can begin attending for free. Here are a few of the places I have found quality audio content for free in the past.
- iTunes U – Many traditional colleges, including Stanford, Oxford and MIT, now post their lectures on iTunes. The same lectures that students are paying thousands of dollars for a year.
- Librivox – Librivox is a collection of public domain audio books that you can download to your MP3 player.
- Local Library – My local library has a pretty decent choice of non-fiction audio books. The inventory isn’t as current as I would like, but they have many classics that I can learn just as much from.
- Local Libraries Website – One of the benefits of having a library card is that I have access to audio books at a website called Netlibrary.com. There I can find audio books online, that I can download to my MP3 player.
- Podcasts – Podcasts are a great source of knowledge. Many of today’s top minds also have a podcast that you can subscribe to for free.
Other Places to Get Audio Books
If you don’t mind paying a little money, your options to learn are endless. Here are places where you have to pay, but you receive better selection.
- Audible.com – A subscription based website that allows you to download a certain amount of audio books online each month.
- Bookstores – Bookstores, online and brick and mortar, have a large collection of audio books. You can download a new released book, instantly.
- eBay – If you don’t mind have to carry CD’s around, you can search eBay for audio books for a very low-cost.
- iTunes – You can download audio books instantly from iTunes.
Automobile University doesn’t have a long application process. It doesn’t matter if you want to learn more about business, personal finance, your health, or even some of your hobbies, you can start learning today.
Last, if you’re enrolled in Automobile University please list in the comments what you’re currently learning and where did you get it from?