Since the release of The Gen Y Guide to Managing Your Credit on July 31st, I have spent the last two weeks learning everything there is to know about personal insurance.
The first week in August, I was in Denver, CO at the Hartford School of Insurance. I passed the course and now can technically call myself a PLCS or a Personal Line Customer Specialist.
This past week, I attended the CHUBB Producer School. I spent two days understanding the difference between a CHUBB insurance policy and policies from direct writers like GEICO, Progressive… Plus, CHUBB was kind enough to have a few professional speakers come in and talk about networking and selling. Well worth my time.
A little bit about my career sitatioright now, I’m licensed in most states to sell property, casualty, life, and health insurance. Which, surprisingly, isn’t that hard to accomplish. However, once I become a Certified Financial Planner® around December of this year, I will also become a fiduciary. The great thing about becoming a fiduciary through my Certified Financial Planning® designation, is that by CFP® fiduciary standard, I have to put the clients interests first. Making me one of the few licensed insurance agencts, who have sworn to put their clients interests, above their own. This is just one way I’m going to differentiate myself. How about you?
Oh by the way, here’s the weekend reading…
Personal Finance Related
- Fund Expenses More Important Than 5-Star Status via NY Times
- How to Think About Money via Ben Cashnocha
- But Will It Make You Happy via NY Times
- Product of the Pros via NY Times
- The Poor Transfer Wealth to The Rich Via Credit Cards via Investor Junkie
How To Get More From Gen Y Wealth
- Subscribe by RSS or Email. To make it as easy as possible for you to receive updates from Gen Y Wealth, you can sign up to receive updates through email or an RSS reader (I use Google Reader). The email is separate from the newsletter.
- Comment. Gen Y Wealth is only as good as it’s readers. If you like, disagree, or have a question about a post, let me know in the comments. To comment just click the “comments” button at the bottom of the post.
- Sign up for the free Personal Finance Crash Course. This course is delivered to your email inbox over a 7 day period.
- Sign up for the Newsletter. This a frequent email newsletter I send out to subscribers with more helpful information.
- Connect with me on Twitter. I’m on Twitter each day interacting, sharing, and listening. Please join me.
- Download the free eBook The Gen Y Guide to Managing Your Credit