If you’re new here, I take time once a month to update the community at Gen Y Wealth on how the site is doing. I’m a big believer that tracking meaningful statistics, precedes improvement.
The most important number I track on Gen Y Wealth is the amount of people who have signed up for my email list. As of December 1st, I had 246 people. My goal had always been to reach 500 by the end of 2010. While I didn’t reach my goal, I sure came close. I finished the year with 495 subscribers. I’ll call it a moral victory. (:
- Alexa Rankings: 289,513
- Absolute Visitors: 2,963
- Page Views: 11,701
- Average Time: 2:50
- Alexa Rankings: 265,562
- Absolute Visitors: 17,127
- Page Views: 84,030
- Average Time: 3:55
Lucky for me, those numbers are not misprints. My post on December 10, 20 Financial Milestones You Want to Reach in Your 20′s was graciously shared throughout the web. Sites that linked to Gen Y Wealth included:
I owe most of the success this last month from those three links, but I also did something that was long overdue – I started a Facebook fan page for Gen Y Wealth. After only two weeks, it has over 700 fans. I use the Facebook fan page to update readers on what’s on Gen Y Wealth, start discussions, and share interesting links from around the web. If this is something you’re interested in, became a fan yourself.
As for my Alexa ranking, I didn’t reach my goal of under 200,000 by the end of 2010. However, I’m not that disappointed because I see myself getting there very quick in 2011. (Look out members of Yakezie.)
Another post I do occasionally is a weekend reading. The purpose is to share what I found interesting on the web in the past week.
- How to Create Smart Financial Goals (Entire series is good) via Free From Broke
- The Myth of Ownership via Consumerism Commentary
- Get Wealth Trick via Extreme Early Retirement
- How to Get Paid What You’re Worth via Peter Shankman
- 8 Ways to Hack Your Wallet to Reduce Spending via Pocket Changed
- At Banks, New Fees Replacing Old Levies via Wall Street Journal
- Carnival of Personal Finance at Sustainable Personal Finance